Lean Six Sigma Certified White Belt
- Live virtual classroom sessions (4 x 90 minutes)
- Practical application of the tools
- Simulations to see the tools in action
- Tips and advice from an expert in the field
- Interaction with other delegates in the live virtual classroom
- Understand how your work works
– How to Map a Process using flowcharts
- Identify opportunities for improvement
– How to identify waste and inefficiency in your work
- Organise your work using 5S
– Get more done, get organised
- Avoid future mistakes
– How to Use Visual Management & Mistake Proofing
Public Virtual Classroom: £199 plus VAT per delegate.
In-House: All our training can be delivered at a time to suit you. In addition, we can customise the programmes to suit your specific needs or create something bespoke especially for your organisation.
Contact us to talk about your training needs.
Wave Ref: WBVC01
Virtual Classroom (9th April 2020)
Category:WBVC01 Lean Six Sigma White Belt
Wave Ref: WBVC02
Virtual Classroom (20th - 23rd April 2020)
Category:WBVC02 Lean Six Sigma White Belt (evenings)
Wave Ref: WBVC03
Virtual Classroom (7th May 2020)
Category:WBVC03 Lean Six Sigma White Belt
Another great way to start your Lean Six Sigma journey from your desk.
Comprising 4 modules of 90 minutes each, the Lean Six Sigma White Belt introduces some tools that will allow you to make a difference to the way you work and the results you can achieve.
You can get a Lean Sigma qualification in as little as 1 day – attend the sessions, pass the exam!
Demonstrating a level of knowledge and understanding of the essential methods and tools you need to improve performance in the workplace is good for you, your team and your organisation.
The tools and methods covered by these courses can help you understand process management and process ownership as required by ISO 9001:2015.
The Lean Six Sigma White Belt is suitable for anyone interested who wants to improve what they do and gain a Six Sigma qualification.
Who should join?
• Those who want to improve their work and the work of their customers
• Team members wanting to make a difference to how they contribute
• Those wanting to upskill and qualify for future career opportunities
• Managers wanting to know more about the improvement tools
• People responsible for writing supporting process or standardised documentation for the ISO9001 Standard