Business Process Re-engineering in Government
UK Public Body with 12,200 employees in 30 UK offices. €1bn funding income. A four year project.
This UK Central Government Agency has a wide-reaching Business Process Re-engineering programme which in order to be successful needed to:
- Communicate and share a common vision and approach
- Demonstrate sustainability of improvement through cultural change
- Reduce complexity and duplication across functions
- Fundamentally change the way the organisation performs its daily work
PMI has been working with this government body for several years in support of their Quality Improvement Process Re-Engineering programme. Our work has involved extensive training delivery and support to their central team, the executive team and mentoring to improvement projects.
A significant cultural element has been present in the programme as the organisation seeks to reduce complexity and duplication across its various functions. This has involved establishing new working practices and communication protocols on a scale never before attempted.
projects have included
- Improve the hazardous waste prosecution process
- Improve the water sample prosecution process
- Improve the incident contingency planning process
- Improve the standard permit application process
- Improve the new position (job) process
- Improve the work allocation process
Throughout the Business Process Re-Engineering programme PMI have provided:
- Bespoke training development and delivery
- Tool kit provision
- Extensive Green Belt training
- Programme structure advice and guidance